This workshop is ideal if you have an interest in furniture painting, restoration and upholstery. Maybe you're thinking of starting a business selling restored furniture or painted furniture, or maybe you just want to gather some new skills to use on projects in your home, whatever the reason, this workshop will give you the confidence, inspiration and motivation to take on really interesting and rewarding projects.
Absolutely no experience is required. Ideally, you will bring with you two pieces of wooden furniture (it doesn't matter if they are varnished or unvarnished) and an upholstery project such as a piano stool, small footstool with legs, or a dining chair with a drop in seat. If you don't have furniture that you think is going to be suitable, don't worry, just send us an email and we will source some pieces for you.
The best bit about this workshop is that you will be working on actual pieces of furniture and you'll have all the materials and equipment you need to transform tired pieces of furniture. Even with the same selection of paints and finishes, students always put their own unique stamp on their work and this is one of the most inspiring parts of the workshop.
- Choosing furniture; how to source pieces and what to look out for at auctions and antiques fairs.
- Preparation tips for all types of furniture including heavily varnished pieces.
- Basic repair work, how to remove stains such as water marks, guidance on the tools and materials required.
- Furniture painting using chalk paints, we show you three techniques.
- Waxing unpainted furniture and finishing techniques for unpainted furniture.
- Different decorative techniques for painted furniture..
- Finishing techniques including waxing, varnishing and sealing.
- Basic upholstery - how to upholster simple projects such as a drop in seat dining chair, stool or footstool.
* All materials for the weekend, including paints and waxes etc.
* A full set of notes for each stage of the course with a breakdown of instructions for each process.
* Breakfast, lunch, snacks, all refreshments.
* Skype follow up call (up to 1 hour) with Louisa Blackmore anytime after the workshop.
The cost of this workshop is $470, however, this is a special Early-bird rate that will get you $100 off the normal rate, please click here for information and how to book. All payments are taken via PayPal, however, you do not need a PayPal account to pay for the workshop, there is an option to pay by credit card. You will receive a confirmation from PayPal and we will also email you directly from firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATE: SOLD OUT
We have organised an additional weekend for the same workshop "Paint Like A Pro" now scheduled for March 14-15, 2015 - -please click here to reserve your place.