Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Petit & Olson, Bainbridge Island, W.A.

Greetings from Bainbridge Island! Since I arrived late last Thursday evening, the days have flown by. I taught the first of two weekend workshops on Saturday and Sunday at Komedal Road Studio which went really well and it was really amazing to see the pieces that people brought in and totally transformed over the two days. It was really busy so I didn't get a chance to take many photographs, but I will be able to post a few soon. I thought in the meantime I would take you on a little visit to a lovely store called Petit & Olson.

I popped in yesterday afternoon around 4pm and the light streaming through the windows was just wonderful. Kathryn Petit who owns the store has the most incredible eye and has curated a collection of beautiful homewares, furniture and clothing. They have recently relocated the store two doors down to 150 Winslow Way E, which is a much bigger space. I haven't edited any of these photos and they were all taken on my iphone 5 as the DSLR wasn't working - but even so, I think you get a real sense of the store...

This is the view when you enter the store. The brick walls are all original throughout. If you read this blog regularly, you'll know that I love an exposed brick wall. 

Beautiful shafts of light streaming through at this time in the afternoon. (LOVE that platter, bit too big for my suitcase though).

I'm not sure who theblankets folded on the ladder are designed by but they are really lovely and soft. Look at that exposed brick wall and creamy distressed wooden flooring. Totally my cup of tea.

I love the way Kathryn has designed the store layout - every corner has a display of different treasures. Visual merchandising is such an art form, and you can tell Kathryn has really considered each area of the store so carefully.

Now I really love the cow skull and antlers - I think they give the space a really cool, laid-back country feel - but I know that they aren't for everyone. I actually saw a cool vegan option which are basically botanical wall trophies - it sounded a bit mad at first, but it makes complete sense when you see them. Take a look here.

Hands up if you love stripes... isn't this armchair perfect for Spring? 

The clothing lines that are carried at Petit & Olson are really carefully selected, I love the linen shirts and dresses - so perfect for spring and later, summer. 

This has to be the best belt display I've ever seen. 

And one last look at that beautiful wall and shutters.... and that vintage sign is just perfect. I hope you enjoyed the tour around Petit & Olson - details below if you would like to visit.

150 Winslow Way E, Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
Telephone: 206.201.3262
Email: sales@petitandolson.com

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos very inspiring layouts, thank you.

    ReplyDelete