Friday, 3 October 2014

An afternoon at The Bloedel Reserve

Fancy a quick saunter around the beautiful Japanese gardens at The Bloedel Reserve on Bainbridge Island? Come with me ...



I just found these photographs while I was organising all the 1000s of photos I took while I was away in September. They are so lovely - I wish I could pop back for a lovely little walk right now. It has to be one of the most relaxing gardens I have ever walked around in the world.




If you haven't heard of the Bloedel Reserve, it is a public garden on Bainbridge Island, set in 150 acres of beautiful gardens and natural woodlands. The Japanese garden was my favourite part. It was deeply tranquil and I felt quite zombified when we left (in a good way).

























































































And then my camera ran out of battery. Which was actually a blessing as then we just walked round not trying to take perfect photos but just enjoying the beautiful gardens. It was a lovely few hours of gentle relaxation.

Visit the Bloedel Reserve website for opening times and more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment