It's a really inspiring workshop that covers a serious amount of material - by the end of the weekend you'll be able to restore, paint and upholster furniture to a professional level. If you're thinking of starting a business selling restored furniture or painted furniture, or if you just want to gather some new skills to use on projects in your home, whatever the reason, this workshop will give you the confidence, inspiration and motivation to take on really interesting and rewarding projects.
Absolutely no experience is required. Ideally, you will bring with you two pieces of wooden furniture (it doesn't matter if they are varnished or unvarnished) and an upholstery project such as a piano stool, small footstool with legs, or a dining chair with a drop in seat. If you don't have furniture that you think is going to be suitable, don't worry, just send us an email and we will source some pieces for you.
The cost of this workshop is $470 per person and includes the following:
- All materials for the weekend, including paints and waxes etc.
- A full set of notes for each stage of the course with a breakdown of instructions for each process.
- Lunchn, snacks, all refreshments.
- Skype follow up call (up to 1 hour) with me anytime after the workshop.
Below is an outline of what topics are covered:
- Introduction to the workshop.
- Choosing furniture; how to source pieces and what to look out for.
- Preparation tips for all types of furniture including heavily varnished pieces.
- Basic repair work, how to remove stains, guidance on the tools and materials required.
- Furniture painting using Autentico chalk paints.
- Waxing unpainted furniture and finishing techniques for unpainted furniture.
- Different decorative techniques for painted furniture including distressing and authentic French country style, crackle effect, decoupage and gilding.
- Finishing techniques including waxing, varnishing and sealing.
- Basic upholstery - how to upholster simple projects such as a drop in seat dining chair, stool or footstool.
This two day workshop will take place in the stunning new studio premises of Komedal Road on Bainbridge Island, WA. The full details including the address etc will be emailed out once we have received your booking.
To book your place click here to visit the booking page.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch.
A heads up...
The following weekend on Saturday, September 13th, Liz and I will be co-hosting a one day workshop which will be covering all the key aspects of running an interiors business - the workshop is called Style + Substance. We will be releasing the booking details for this workshop later this week, if you would like to reserve a place please email us at email@example.com with the subject line "Style + Substance".