Monday, 10 March 2014

Sunset in Seattle

Hello all, I hope you have had a good start to the week. I have been away this last week in the US. Lucky me! My first stop was Seattle where some of my family live. This is the view across Puget Sound from my cousin's home where I stayed the first night. Isn't it amazing?


There is something so calming about being near the water, don't you think? It doesn't look like this all the time though. So, the photo above was the one I took when I arrived in the late afternoon.

And this is the following morning on my first full day in Seattle. Same view! I love both photos actually and am thinking of using the second one as the basis for a piece of black and white artwork for our bathroom at home.

I've got so much to tell you all about this trip but I had better go as my day in Kansas is just beginning really and I want to spend as much time as possible with my family before I fly home tomorrow.

Louisa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Louisa, I too love the water so much and anytime I get back to it it reminds me just how much I need to someday live as close to it as possible.
    We currently live in rural Qld, Australia, so water couldn't be further away at present, but, soon as our youngest finishes school. Anyway, loved your pics, and yes the black and white would be perfect for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sharon,

      How lovely you live in rural Qld, I love Aus! I haven't had a chance to sort out the drawing / painting yet but I am hopeful of getting something done before the summer.

      Best wishes,
      Louisa

      Delete