Tuesday, 18 February 2014

Before + After: Console Tables

As promised, I have finally gotten around to sorting out the photographs of the project I was working on a few days last week. I painted, waxed and distressed two console tables made of mangowood for a client. So here are the results. As ever I am slim on "before" photographs but you should be able to get the idea.

So, this is the before photograph that the client sent to me:



The client asked for a very specific colour tone, finish and distressing so I worked on these on site using specially mixed Autentico chalk paint. I used combinations of dark wax, white chalk wax and a few different wax sticks along with various distressing techniques to create the desired finish. They were a work in progress and we tweaked and re-worked several versions of the finish until they were perfect. The light comes into the room at one end but not the other, it is amazing what an impact this has. The finish on both console tables is exactly the same but maybe you might think they are different when you see the photographs below - all because of the light.




This is the second console table in the light of the windows.




I teach these painting, waxing and distressing techniques at monthly workshops on furniture painting here at our studio in Blunham, Beds and at The Decor Cafe in Putney, SW London. Click here for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment