Tuesday, 7 January 2014

The Milly Chair by Swoon Editions

Hello all, I've got a really cool project to share with you all today. In December, Swoon Editions got in touch and asked me to take part in their first ever blogger challenge. The challenge was to pick out a Milly chair in the fabric of my choice and then style and shoot it my own way and publish the photographs here on the blog.

I chose to order the Milly chair in the grey linen because that works perfectly with the modern country style of the cottage I live in. I absolutely love linen as a fabric, the texture is so perfectly rustic and soft at the same time, it's durable, and it's a natural material. As soon as I saw the style of the chair, I had the perfect spot for it in my mind. So, rather than style it and shoot in our barn studio, I chose to photograph it where it will live permanently.

If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know our home is a 17th century English cottage. The old part of the house is literally 2 up, 2 down with an open staircase. It is a one-and-a-half storey cottage, so our bedroom has a steeply pitched roof. When we renovated it and the steel framework was put in, we raised the height of the ceiling upstairs. But even with this work done, it is still a pitched roof and there is only so much furniture that will fit in these types of spaces. Believe me I have tried just about everything I have at home in this space, every time my husband comes home from work he sees a new effort! Not anymore though. The Milly chair, with it's low back, solid oak legs and perfect proportions gives a lovely stripped back modern feel to the room and did I mention, it's the perfect fit? I hope you like the images below.







 These photographs were taken the week before Christmas, hence the decorations on the banisters and window sill. Do you seem what I mean about the roof?! The winter sun gives such a quirky low light to the rooms, and I love the way it bounces and distorts through the banisters. The cushion on the chair was a gift from Lucinda Nicol who makes all the soft furnishing products for West Egg. She made it from a French linen grain sack, it's turned out to be the perfect size for the Milly chair. Funny how things work out.

Thank you so much Swoon Editions for this wonderful addition to my home.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful chair and as you say, it's perfect where you've put it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa. I hope you're okay over in the states and not too freezing cold. I can't believe some of the pictures on the news! Stay warm & cosy x

      Delete
  2. Louisa your home is GORGEOUS!!!! Toni xx

    ReplyDelete