Saturday, 21 December 2013

Amazing DIY || Turn Plywood into Wide Plank Wooden Flooring

I know it's now the Saturday before Christmas and this is not really anything to do with Christmas, but I discovered the most amazing DIY tutorial online yesterday afternoon while I was on Pinterest. And lately I've noticed if I leave something, it tends to go on the back burner so I thought I would just go ahead and post it. If you're doing a home renovation or a shop renovation and you're on a budget, this is the most brilliant way to fake wide plank farmhouse style wooden flooring. I just wish I had seen this before we put carpet downstairs in the barn. I found it on Jordan Reilly's brilliant blog Picklee - click here to take a look.

Jordan turned this lot of plywood she picked up at Home Depot (I guess that is like B&Q or Wickes here in England)....


.....into this, farmhouse style wide plank wooden flooring:


Isn't that incredible? All the details and how to are featured on the Picklee blog, including how they spaced out the boards so perfectly, what paint mix she used, and how they attached it to the sub-floor.

Definitely the best DIY I've seen in a long time, and for a fraction of the price of real hardwood flooring. What do you think?

Image Credits: Jordan Reilly / Picklee Blog, produced with kind permission.




1 comment:

  1. Excellent information. Thank you so much for your great post and pictures are really very awesome. Great post.

    ReplyDelete