Monday, 30 September 2013

Before and After // Mirror Revamp

I thought I'd share with you a great "before & after" of a project I recently worked on for a client. As part of an interior design revamp, I worked with the client to transform her bright gold and black mirror into something more subtle and in keeping with the room's colour scheme. After using chalk paints and sealer as a base, I then mixed a bespoke metallic wax to give the mirror a beautiful sheen.


The client was absolutely thrilled with it and I wanted to share it because it's always good to know you can reinvigorate home accessories which have lost a bit of their appeal over the years.


This is the before version of the mirror. It's so tricky photographing mirrors.


Still tricky...anyway, this is with the chalk paint - it's a mix of Autentico Almond, Pebbles & Linen. I'm still a big fan of Autentico paints and waxes, we use them exclusively now. 


And finally, this is with the sealer and then the metallic wax finish. I was over the moon with it when I finished. What do you guys think? It's a lovely transformation even though my first photograph of it in the sitting room doesn't really do it justice.

I am always happy to work with clients on projects like this (geography permitting!) or if you are interested in learning the techniques for yourself, I will be demonstrating these amongst other things at the advanced furniture painting and restoration workshops coming up in October and November. This one day workshop is available at our studio in Blunham, Bedfordshire and also at The Decor Cafe in London. Click here for more information. Or, if you would like a quote for a similar project, please email info@westegg.co.uk and we'll be in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Just beautiful Louisa and absolutely perfect for the space now. This is one of my favourite things to do, repurpose and reinvigorate furniture and decor pieces. You do have a dream job!

    ReplyDelete