Wednesday, 19 June 2013

West Egg Wins Best Interiors Blog Award

Wow wow wow. Some of you may have seen a post on here last week about the Prime Location Blog Awards. West Egg was nominated for the User's Favourite Blog Award which is voted for by the people.  I was frankly amazing that we had been nominated. We didn't win, the award went instead to Rentonomy who fully deserved it with the monster share of the votes. You can see the full list of winners here.

West Egg did however pick up the Best Interiors Blog Award which, again, I didn't even know we had been nominated for. It was amazing! Thank you so much to everyone who voted for us and supported West Egg. It is greatly appreciated and a real motivation boost to keep moving the business forward and progressing on every front. Twitter played a massive part in the support we received, especially from fellow design bloggers like the amazing Stacey Sheppard (twitter handle: @StaceyJSheppard) who blogs over at The Design Sheppard. Stacey tweeted about us every day for a week before the voting cut off - way above and beyond what anyone could have expected. It's so lovely and heart-warming to be part of this interiors community that is so supportive and helpful to each other. I love it.

To think this blog has it's own award makes me so proud of West Egg and myself for everything we've managed to do over the last 2 years. So many amazing opportunities and some of the most fun projects I've worked on have come about because of this blog and I think that is a really positive, inspiring and amazing thing.

Image Credit: Pedan + Munk

Lucinda and I were in the car when I found out via Twitter - cue lots of screaming. We celebrated later on with prosecco and a lovely Mediterranean vegetable lasagne recipe from Mary Berry's cookbook. It was perfect and I was so happy to be able to celebrate it with the person who inspires me so greatly. We're working on some new designs for A/W 2013 and I can't wait to share them with you all. Thank you again to everyone for your support of our business.

12 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Congratulations Louisa!!! Very well deserved and I'm so happy that you won! And what a great way to celebrate, I have a hankering for vegetable lasagne now ;-)Looking forward to seeing the new designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stacey! I really appreciated your support so much, you got so many people to vote for us it was amazing! The Mary Berry veggie lasagne was really good - I think the key secret ingredient was the balsamic vingear. Tasted great. x

      Delete
  2. WOOT WOOT Congratulations Louisa! How wonderful! And that vegetable lasagna and Prosecco sound like the perfect way to celebrate your award. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, you're very kind! It was very exciting to win! x

      Delete
  3. COngratulations Lou - much celebrating to be done in Portugal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations lovely!! Well done you. I did vote!
    Glad you celebrated in style!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for voting, very much appreciated!
      XX

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Louisa, this is brilliant news. Well deserved xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks G, it was a real surprise I can tell you! x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Louisa ! Amazing and well deserved :-) Good to hear that you had time celebrating too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Toni! You're very kind. Hope you have a lovely weekend. x

      Delete