Thursday, 30 May 2013

Abnormals Anonymous

Morning! I had a minor breakthrough last night, so I'm feeling pretty upbeat and motivated today. I was lying in bed last night with a million thoughts racing around my head that had nowhere to go except into the dark and murky depths of my memory. It happens every night, and I eventually doze off. I know people say keep a notepad and pen by your bed so you can write ideas down but I don't do that. I always think Oh, I'll definitely remember that! How could I forget that?! 9 times out of 10, I *never* remember.... until it's too late. On my bedside table is a pile of books, some water, and my iphone. So last night I hurriedly typed a lot of waffle type thoughts into the notes section. I went straight to sleep. And this morning, it's all there. Which is great, because I reminded myself to write this blog post about Abnormals Anonymous - have you heard of them? I only just found them thanks to my husband who brought my some interiors magazines back from the US last week and their Spot wallpaper was featured in House Beautiful magazine.

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

Abnormals Anonymous are design duo Henrietta and Paco - I can't tell you much more about them because they prefer to remain incognito. What I do know is they met in an elevator in Nashville, and somehow, in that short ride down through 3 floors of the hotel, all the stars aligned and they discovered a shared love and passion for design and wallpapers. Amazing!

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

Henrietta and Paco design and make wallpaper from their Los Angeles base which feature all sorts of animals, sea creatures and insects. The wallpaper designs are fun, refreshing and make me smile. Which on a another rainy day in England is extremely welcome.

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

Image Credit: Abnormals Anonymous

What do you guys think of these wallpaper designs? I definitely would like to use the giraffe spot design somewhere, maybe in a spare room or downstairs bathroom - I want my guests to see my fun wallpaper! Shameless I know.

Take a peek at their website for more of their designs, they are also on facebook and twitter so you can connect with them online.

UPDATE: For UK customers enquiring about stockists, you can order the wallpapers from Studio Four NYC and they will ship to you in the UK. Please contact them directly at www.studiofournyc.com. Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. What I think is that it's FANTASTIC you realise that you will hardly EVER remember an idea unless you note it down... good on you lovely..

    Nice wallpaper xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, I know - ground-breaking, right?! I just really always believed I would remember something, I make lists, I write stuff down all the time. But it's the little things that pop in to my head when I'm doing something else, like driving, or cooking. I just need to stop & write more stuff down.

      Having a v productive day so far - yay!

      L x

      PS: Glad you like the wallpaper. x

      Delete
  2. Hi Louisa, this is my 3rd attempt at the comment. Hope it works ;) Taking notes from night time inspirations is such a good idea. I need to try it. The giraffe wallpaper is my favourite. Have a lovely week and hope to see you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine, I wonder what has caused the problems with the comments? I turned the Captcha thing off - I know people reading find it so annoying. My iphone is already full of notes I keep jotting things down to remind myself, it's getting a bit long though - maybe it was better before when I just forgot everything?!!

      xx

      Delete