Friday, 18 January 2013

NEW Workshop || Start Up A Creative Business

I'm so excited to share some great news with you all!

On Saturday 2 February 2013 myself and Debbie Blott of The Decor Cafe will co-host a very special workshop focused entirely on starting up your own creative business. Whether you want to sell painted furniture, offer your services as an interior designer or garden designer or want to start an online store - this is the workshop for you. 

We will be discussing all aspects of starting a successful creative business from our own experiences - you can learn from our mistakes and we'll share all our top tips for success with you. Plus, you'll be among others in exactly the same boat as you - something I know I wish I had when I was starting West Egg Interiors.



The workshop will take place at Debbie Blott's home in Putney where we host furniture painting workshops once a month. For those of you that have attended the workshops before, you'll know we strive for an inclusive, relaxed and informal working environment because we believe this inspires productivity, ideas and general all round happiness! 

The outline for the workshop is below, spaces are very limited (only 6 places available) so, if you'd like to attend please don't delay as it is first come first served and we don't want you to miss out. 


Workshop: Start Up Your Creative Business 

Location: Putney, London - at the home of The Decor Cafe founder Debbie Blott. 

Date: Saturday 2 February 2013, 9:30am - 4:30pm. 

Co-hosted by Louisa Blackmore and Debbie Blott. 


We will teach the following areas:

* The Biz Side - all the practicalities of starting up
* How to Succeed Online and how to set up an e-commerce site
* Marketing on a Budget
* Branding including creating your own vision board
* Social Media - how it can make your business a success


Cost: £150 and this includes:

* 6 hours of teaching by Louisa and Debbie
* A specially curated goodie bag with notebook/pen
* Lunch 
* All refreshments 

As you may know, in 2011 I set up West Egg Interiors which is an award winning online interiors store. I feature on the expert panel in Period Homes & Interiors magazine, contribute regularly to national interiors magazines and resarch and write all the content for the west egg blog. Debbie Blott set up The Decor Cafe in 2010 to help people create the home they love. The Decor Cafe runs regular homes and gardens workshops including furniture painting, interior design, garden design and much more. Debbie has years of experience in marketing and branding for companies such as Dulux. We don't pretend to have all the answers or know everything, let's face it, who does? What we do have is our shared experiences, honest advice and inspiring approach to sharing information to help you succeed in your chosen creative business.

If you're interested in attending this super special workshop, please book your place online via this link or visit www.westegg.co.uk and click on workshops.


UPDATE: This workshop is now sold out, we add dates from time to time so please click here to book your place! 

9 comments:

  1. Oh Louisa, that sounds like a fantatsic workshop. A lot of people in the creative fields lack the knowledge and know how to start and run a business.

    I'm sure it will be a success. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, I'm really looking forward to it - so exciting! x

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Louisa on setting up this workshop. I'm sure it will be a fantastic success. It's the nitty gritty details that many want to learn but may shy away from asking - it would be a great opportunity to learn from your expertise. I know you will be an amazing teacherxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geraldine, I am so looking forward to running this workshop - there are so many tips I am dying to share! x

      Delete
  3. I think this workshop really exciting.I wish i could attend and gain some information about setting up a creative business.Thanks for posting.

    setting up a business

    ReplyDelete
  4. Louisa-wonderful! How exciting! please let us know if you ever do another one. I will be in Sweden this weekend, but I think it could be of interest to my sister and friend for another time! Hope it goes brilliantly! I've google + it-hopefully onto the Love Interiors group-will go and check (not very good with computers!!!)Caroline x PS can you please remind me of the fab looking bar/restaurant somewhere near Dunstable(?) you once posted about?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline! I think we will do another one in London later in the spring so I'll let you know the dates. There is one available in Bedfordshire on Tuesday 19th February 2013 but not sure if that is convenient: http://www.westegg.co.uk/Start-Up-A-Creative-Business-p/scb-02.htm.

      Thank you for posting it onto the Love Interiors group on google+!

      The restaurant I think you mean is Hermitage Road in Hitchin, it's amazing!!

      Louisa x

      Delete
  5. If only I didn't live quite so far away! I would love if you put all this info into an e-book! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy,

      Watch this space - we will have exciting news along these lines in the next month.

      Louisa xx

      Delete

Hello there, thank you so much for leaving a comment on the west egg blog. I'm so happy to connect with the readers of this blog and I always try and reply to new comments as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...