Thursday, 31 January 2013

Homes & Antiques :: 101 Best Courses for 2013

I had a nice surprise last week which was to find out that Homes & Antiques magazine featured our furniture painting workshops in their 101 Best Courses for 2013. Thank you H&A magazine!! It means so much to be mentioned in this feature and not just because it's so fun to see West Egg's name in print. but it also makes me realise that these workshops are so popular. It's funny as I never intended to teach when I set up West Egg and it's not something I would have dreamt of doing really - it's just an opportunity that presented itself, I grabbed it and I've not looked back. 


From the beginning though I've been really passionate about sharing my skills and techniques, ideas and inspirations with the students who come along. Someone told me when I started these workshops that I was crazy to be so open with my knowledge, maybe I am, but I don't think so. 

For every idea or technique I share, I definitely get at least one back. The students who come to the workshops are some of the most inspiring, creative and charming people I've met in my life. At the end of every workshop I drive home buzzing with energy because I just spent the day with an amazing group of people who transformed pieces of furniture in just one day. And everyone is so unique. I've never seen any two people do the same thing, it's quite extraordinary. I guess part of the reason I love teaching the workshops so much is because West Egg is primarily an online store so contact with customers is limited; it's fun to get out there and out and meet people! 


If you'd like to come along to a workshop, we've just added some new dates for the end of February to squeeze in an additional Furniture Painting workshop and a Start Up Your Creative Business workshop as the others sold out so quickly. Hope to see you soon! 

9 comments:

  1. Well done Louisa, how exciting to be featured. I have often thought about starting up a workshop (we wouldn't be in competition, too far away) as I absolutely loved it when I went to a class several years ago. I came home with a real buzz and filled with enthusiasm so to pass this on to others must be wonderful.
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ruth,

      You should definitely do it!! They are amazing fun and so inspiring, I love how the students always come up with new ways to combine the colours and transform an old piece of furniture.

      Louisa xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Louisa! So delighted for you! I'm working on getting the London blogger weekend off so I can attend and see you gorgeous lady in action! (fingers crossed, so excited for an opportunity!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rincy!!! OMG you have to come to MTB London, please make this happen - we can have so much fun!! x

      Delete
  3. Woohoo! Well done, Louisa. Can't wait to see you in action at Meet the Blogger next month! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Holly,

      So excited to see you next month honey!! It's going to be so much fun!

      Louisa xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations Louisa. You are so talented and lovely too. Looking forward to seeing you on Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Geraldine! You're very kind. I am so looking forward to seeing you on Sunday x

      Delete
  5. A magician apparently never reveals their secrets, but you're proving them wrong! I think it's great that you're giving away your expertise to people, it's important to share this sort of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there, thank you so much for leaving a comment on the west egg blog. I'm so happy to connect with the readers of this blog and I always try and reply to new comments as soon as I can.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...