Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Postcard from Hannover || #BYWStudio


This last weekend I went to Hannover to take part in the Blogging Your Way Studio Workshop hosted by Holly Becker who of course writes the legendary blog decor8 and Steffi Luxat who writes the wonderful Ohhh...Mhhhh....  blog amongst her many other talents. 

It was a weekend filled with fun, inspiration, know-how, discussion, laughter and support. There were 16 bloggers taking part who were all extraordinarily brilliant at what they do and it was such a pleasure and honour to spend the weekend with them. Guys - I miss you all so much already! We need to organise a reunion asap!

So, for my first blog post about the weekend, I thought I'd send you a postcard from Hannover and  share all the little bits and pieces we got up to. There is so much to share, I thought this would be a good starting point.

Images from left to right...

1. Friday morning, I caught the early flight from Stansted to Hannover. I love flying first thing because the sun rises are always incredible and the clouds just look so serene and perfect. I had my ipod on and listened to the Alt-J album An Awesome Wave which was so relaxing.

2. The goodie bags put together by Holly were so ridiculously exciting, it was like Christmas. Watching everyone open theirs up was such a great feeling, I'm going to do a separate post about all the wonderful gifts inside because there is so much to share! 

3. As recommended by Holly, I stayed at the Sheraton Pelikan hotel in Hannover with the majority of the other bloggers. After the last 6 months trekking between our army quarter and the cottage/barn renovation project, I cannot even describe how wonderful it felt to go and stay in a hotel and just r.e.l.a.x! I loved the lights over the desk area and I might try and get some similar ones for the kitchen in the cottage.

4. We went on a field trip to some of the lovely stores in Hannover and I fell in love with the displays of coloured glassware at Riva Maison. It's inspired me to do something similar with all the antique glass pots and jars I dug up when we were digging the trench at the barn. 

5. Twitter bird cake pops created by the amazing Nina at niner bakes - take a look at her website as she has lots of fun tutorials and tips on baking. 

6. Crazy, super-duper delicious lunch by caterers Onno Heeren and Malte Markert who run Wahre Gaumen Freunde in Hannover. Check out their website and page on facebook, these guys can seriously cook! The delicate flavours and simple, colourful presentation blew us all away. 

7. Snow! I woke up on Sunday morning to find snow falling softly outside. Although I was slightly worried about our flight home in the evening, I have to say it created the most wonderfully cosy feeling at Holly's apartment during the workshop. 

8. I fell in love, love, love with these paper pom poms at Gluecksmoment - a cafe in Hannover that Holly took us to for afternoon tea. Apparently it used to be a butchers so it has all the original tiles inside, the interior design is magical - it felt so wonderful to come in from the cold and relax with mugs of hot chocolate.

9. This bookshelf in Holly's apartment was one of my favourite spots. Everytime I walked past I spotted something new and interesting. I love the way her books are colour coded at the bottom, I have done this with my cookery books at home and it works so well. Holly has collected such a delightful selection of treasures, it is wonderful to see them all displayed around her studio and home. Holly's new book Decorate Workshop which we received in our goodie bags (signed!!) features her home where you can see more detailed images. 

10. Me and my good friend Geraldine from Little Big Bell blog - do take a look at her wonderful blog. It is filled with brilliant, original ideas and inspiration and I was so thrilled when I found out we were both going to Hannover, we had such fun together. This photo was taken at the welcome party at Kaffee Kann Ich which is a super cool little cafe in Hannover. Holly wrote a really lovely blog post about this little gem with accompanying pictures - click here to take a look at her post or check them out via facebook here.

11. Visiting Hannover got me feeling seriously festive and I loved these sacks filled with decorations at Coming Home. They stock a great range of vintage design and industrial furniture and accessories but I'll do a dedicated blog post to their store soon as there is way too much to cover here!

12. Geraldine and I had a lovely time on Friday afternoon wandering around Hannover, it was freezing but walking around really helped us get our bearings. We both fell in love with the store Raumformplan and spent some time chatting to Janin, the lovely lady who runs the store. 

13. Blog angels! I love this picture with Brigee from Little Star blog, Holly from Love, Thomas blog and Dani from And Cute blog. These girls are so talented and inspiring, I miss you all! 

14. Esplanade was a store recommended on Holly's list so Geraldine and I made our way there on Friday afternoon. It was gorgeous, like stepping into a magical winter wonderland filled with beautiful decorations. I wanted all of it! 

15. Well, lastly - you can't go to a German city in December and not see the Christmas markets. Wow, they were so fun! We had some lovely gluhwein in the specially created forest in the middle of the market. Rincy (from A Little Bird) and I felt like we had stepped into wardrobe from The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (we only had 1 x gluhwein each I promise!) 

There is so much more to share, but I'll have to break it down into manageable blog posts otherwise I'll be here until Easter.

An amazing weekend, thank you so much Holly & Steffi x x 

14 comments:

  1. I miss you toooooooo Louisa!
    Gorgeous pics and love the postcard idea too :) Can't wait to catch up in March in London. Holly # 2 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly #2, miss you! Looking forward to seeing your adventures online with your blog revamp! So excited for March! x

      Delete
  2. What a brilliant postcard tour of all that happened. I seriously think we should consider a reunion since everyone got on so well. I love the way you have ordered your gorgeous photography. It was so lovely spending time with you that weekend Louisa :) So many amazing memories of Holly and steffi's workshop and the laughs had. I'm getting byw workshop withdrawl symptoms. See you in January and send my love to Alfie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine! Can't wait to see you in Jan at the next London Bloggers meet up x x x

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great time. I know how much you were looking forward to this.

    Love the hats...:))

    Question is: did Alfie miss you? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tina, such an amazing weekend. Alfie did not miss me at all, he was being indulged and pampered at my parent's farm and is now refusing to come home! He loves the Aga! x x

      Delete
  4. Louisa, what a splendid idea to arrange the pictures as a postcard. It was so fun meeting you, hope I will make it to the imm in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elisa - I can't make imm cologne as my husband is coming home that weekend and I also have work booked. So sad to miss you all, it sounds like lunch will be AMAZING! x x

      Delete
  5. It looks like you've had a lovely adventure with Holly - and a well deserved break too :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fun, if you get the chance to go I'd 1 million per cent recommend it! x

      Delete
  6. Louisa, I like your approach, what a great idea. I had so much fun with you. Sorry for teasing you with Bridget and looking forward to see you again soon in London.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great postcard!!! Brilliant idea! Miss you too, my cheeks stopped hurting from laughing so much - we had such a great time. I can't wait for the "where are they now" reunion :)

    ReplyDelete