Wednesday, 26 September 2012

Design Delight @ Daylesford Organic

After a busy day at Decorex 2012, we headed to Daylesford Organic on the way back to the car. Located in pretty Pimlico Road, I remember watching the building Daylesford is housed in being renovated way back in 2006-2007 because I used to walk past it everyday on my way to work.

I loved seeing the daily changes and developments of the property and it was such a thrill when it opened and I went inside for a look around. It seemed so fresh and smart with its marble surfaces and immaculate displays. I remember the staff being so friendly, and my friend and I enjoying tea and cake in the window seats watching the world go by.

I'm so glad to say I got the same feeling when I walked in on Sunday although this time we headed upstairs to sit down. 


When it's pouring with rain outside and you've been on your feet all day, a good cup of coffee and some earl grey tea loaf will really hit the spot. It was wonderful!

We sat at one of the long benches and started making some initial plans for West Egg in 2013 (I know we're running late; the renovation project has taken over!)


I'd actually forgotten how wonderful the interior design is at Daylesford. I love, love, love the clapperboard panelling upstairs. With those big windows and fabulous product displays, it's an incredibly calm and uplifting space.

The café seating to the right meant there was a quiet chatter and the wonderful aroma of freshly made coffee wafting over while we browsed the homewares.




So beautiful, their packaging design is so simple but very effective. I really like how they have used the crates to display products. While it's not a particularly "new" concept using crates, it does give a really lovely wholesome feel to the space.

I had a look through their website while I was writing this blog post to see if they still posted recipes on there, they do! Check them out here, the shepherd's pie in particular is delicious.

8 comments:

  1. Louisa, I know just what you mean about Daylesford and that Pimlico branch. It is a really lovely place to spend time.

    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It's definitely one of my love london places. And the astounding lovely Poule au Pot is just nearby too. The people in that neighbourhood are so lucky!

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about these cafes- what a lovely discovery. As I am writing this, it is cold, dark and rainy ouside - that cake and coffee looks so inviting. Have a great weekend :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Geraldine,
      Dark and rainy weather does make cake and coffee all the more appealing I agree! xx

      Delete
  3. I first came across Daylesford farm last summer - I know what took me so long! And I loved it immediately for all sorts of reason ... but mainly because it reminds me of the amazing restaurants, farm shops and decor often found in the wine estates surrounding Cape Town (the home town of my husband).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Toni!! I thought the exact same thing, how funny. My husband and I went to SA for our honeymoon and spent time in Franschhoek and I just loved it so so much. I remember everything I ate at La Petite Ferme, it was the best lunch of my life and I'm so glad I spent a small fortune on their giftware because they are such lovely reminders of a wonderful experience. The view alone was just incredible. You're so lucky your husband is from there, do you go back and visit a lot? If so, I'm sending you with a request list next time you do! :) x

      Delete
  4. Daylesford! Where to begin. I can see the attraction but have never been a real fan for all kinds of reasons. The only one I like is the the their main one in the country. It's authentic and beautiful.

    After Decorex and pouring rain I would also have loved drinking tea and coffee there... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going
    to a famous blogger if you are not already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete