Monday, 23 July 2012

Barn Renovation: Ceiling Inspiration

I am so excited about the barn renovation project we are working on right now because this will be the new home of West Egg Interiors. There will be a showroom downstairs with a studio workshop and office space upstairs. At the moment I'm looking at the type of ceiling to have in the upstairs area of the barn. I want it to be really light and airy so I'm keeping the colours simple and fresh although no final decision as yet. In general, decision making is proving to be a real challenge. I want to get it "right", even though I'm not sure what that is, and I am overwhelmed with the choices available. I don't know whether to keep the beams exposed and natural, exposed and white, boarded up with the main ones exposed? There are so many options. I've been collecting some ideas on Pinterest, some of which I've posted below. I'd love to know your view, what do you think we should do? 

Image: Carrier & Co

Very simple and clean with the main beams left in their natural wood. I also really like the window treatments, but let's not get into that now. 

Image: Heritage Barns

I love this but I think it's too dark, especially as the upstairs is single storey.  

Image: Home Design 2 You

This sliding grey door is such a great statement.

Image; My Lovely Things

LOVE this, perfectly light and airy. This is pretty much my perfect idea of a work space. 

Image: Room Seventeen

These grey tones are wonderful, I just find this image calming - might be good for a work space too. It's decision time soon as things are starting to happen quite quickly so post a comment to let me know what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment